Magento: Adding, Deleting and Managing Products – Tutorial
Here’s a “quick” written guide on how to list a product in your Magento ecommerce.
- Login to your Magento dashboard
- Click the Catalog tab at the top
- Then click Manage products
- Click Add Product (shown at the far right)
- Keep it at default and then simple product (if you’re selling a normal product you plan to ship out)
- Click Continue
- Fill out the fields with the * and any others that apply
- If you want the product to show on the homepage then click on the Set Product as New from Date and choose a current date. If you want the products to stay there for a long time then choose a much later date.
- Be sure to click “Enable” for the Status option. If you do not enable it, the product will not show up.
- Click Save and Continue edit Orange tab shown at the top.
- This will bring you to the next field to fill out
- fill out your price and other information.
- Click the tabs to the left and fill out these form inquiries, especially where it shows an *.
- Be sure to update the Inventory tab and add a quantity. If you forget to add a quantity the product will not show up and you’ll probably pull your hair out wondering why.
- Fill out the rest of the forms and inquiries as best as possible.
- The more products you have the more options you’ll have to cross-promote other products. You may consider going back to your first listed products later on, so that you can update the Related Products, up-sells and cross-sells options.
- Don’t forget to click the Save and Continue tab at the top right of the page. Save often!
- Check out your product on your site and see what things you might want to edit or leave be.
- If the products do not show – check the status and the inventory.
- Have fun building your new magento store!
Hope this helps!