This article is found at: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/adding_videos.html
Adding video to your listing can make your item more desirable to buyers. Video can often help you tell an engaging story and share information more effectively than just text. You may also want to include a video to demonstrate how an item works or how it is used.
eBay’s requirements for adding videos to your listing
Use of video is limited by eBay Policies.
To promote a safe trading environment eBay has selected several video hosting sites based on their combination of popularity, ease of use, and the measures they take to provide safe content.
See eBay’s Links Policy for a detailed list of requirements and hosting sites.
How to include video in your listing (embedding a video)
Including a video in your listing is a two part process.
Upload your video to a video hosting site:
- Upload your video to one of eBay’s approved video hosting sites. For list of approved sites, see Links Policy for embedded video links.
- After upload is complete and your video is available on the site, follow the site’s instructions for embedding video
- Copy the HTML code to your system clipboard using either the site’s Copy button, if one is provided, or your browser’s standard Edit-Copy menu command.
To add your video to your item description:
- Go to the Sell Your Item form on eBay
- In the Description section, click the “HTML” line to select the tab for entering HTML
- Using your browser’s standard Edit-Paste menu command, paste the HTML code for your video into the item description. You can also type your regular description text on the HTML tab, or can click the “Standard” link to go back and do that in the standard text editor tab.
- Click the “Preview” link to check if the video is embedded correctly
Tips for effective videos
- Tell a story about your item or demonstrate how your item works.
- Keep the video short.
- Use the same principles for creating a great photo to create a great video. For example, use proper lighting, use a contrasting background, and avoid background clutter.
- Use sound to sell the item, but make sure there are no background noises that could distract your buyers. Close external doors. Turn off phones and electronic devices (such as televisions and radios). Record your video away from other people or pets.
- Practice before you start recording. Find the best way to move your item or camera to highlight the features (or flaws) of your item.
- Use a tripod to avoid shaking.
- Save your video file with a descriptive name so you can find it easily when you’re ready to upload to a video site.
- Don’t copy videos (without permission) from another eBay seller, manufacturer, or retailer.
- Don’t film in extreme bright light or dark shadows. Make sure that you can see the item clearly.